Wednesday, January 22, 2020

IBM Medicare Via Benefits HRA Reimbursement Tactics

Several people I know try to interact with Via Benefits reimbursement as little as possible.  It's a  strategy for some but might not be easy for people to do from a cash flow perspective.
 
They are paying a year's worth of their part D and Medicare Supplement premiums in January and then submitting claims to Via Benefits to be reimbursed.  Some insurance companies even offer a discount if you do it.
 
There is no guarantee Via Benefits won't mess up the claim, but it's a one time haggle instead of the recurring aggravation of needing to monitor for reimbursement mistakes and deal with the mistakes when they occur.

There is an aspect about using that strategy that is a little morbid.  It may be difficult to recoup advanced payment of premiums from the insurance company if something happens. Maybe that's a small issue compared with the difficulties of dealing with Via Benefits!


3 comments:

  1. Help. I cannot login to the Oneexchange website anymore. Tried 3 different browsers - Chrome, Edge, Firefox. All stop after I enter my uid/pw. I get a blue arc that disappears so I think the information has been read, but I remain on the sign on page with no messages.
    Is there a security setting I should change? I use MS AV + Firewall from Win 10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also had that problem with my logon. I finally got on when I said I'd forgotten my password and went through the password reset process.

      Delete
  2. I have been using this method of paying all my premiums for the year in January since IBM started putting in the $3000 and it does save a lot of anxiety for the rest of the year. it has worked well for me.

    ReplyDelete